Armory House – My home at Illinois!
As an International Student, you have decided to begin the exciting adventure of attending college at the University of Illinois. Your Next Decision: Where to make your home on campus? The Answer: Where you can meet and make friends with American students, enjoy social activities, and share your culture — ARMORY HOUSE.
Welcoming students from around the world for nearly 50 years, we understand the unique challenges international students face. We proudly provide the support you need for college and career success.
Special Programs at ARMORY HOUSE:
Opportunities to Make New Friends: Informal, fun activities to meet other residents
- Picnics and Volleyball in the park outside our back door
- Movie and Game Nights in the lounge
- Sports (basketball, volleyball, tennis, ice skating) and activities at the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) only 2 blocks from Armory House
- Cultural events such as Lunar New Year and Holiday Craft Nights
- 3 Student Kitchens to create your own meals or share with other residents
- Armory House closes during Official University break periods. Armory House residents are allowed to remain at Armory House over Official University break periods free of charge (even though the breaks are not included in the contract) but only with the written consent of the Proprietor. A separate Break Housing Contract may be required. (See FAQ for more details).
We look forward to welcoming you to campus with special programs and activities designed with your needs in mind, and with many opportunities to make new friends from the U.S. and around the world.